Tuesday, November 28, 2006

A quiet weekend

My first dose of rock & roll came from a 7 year old kid doing a fantastic karaoke version of "It's A Long Way To The Top" at a primary school fete on Saturday afternoon.
I did catch a bit of Kim Volkman & the Whiskey Priests
at the Greyhound on Saturday night though. What I heard sounded fine, and Kim gave me a copy of his new CD, which is even better.
My life is a something of a train wreck at the moment, for reasons I won't go into, but if you think I'm being a bit lazy about posting here, well, check out the amount of new stuff that just gone up on the I-94 Bar. Those Box of Fish, Earaches, Chuck Norris Experiment & Hell Crab City CD reviews are all mine, with more to come this week.
And thanks to Wes, who emailed me to point out that Box of Fish were actually on the "Flowers In The Dustbin" compilation, not "Why March...?", and that both of these fine Aberrant releases were among those reissued on CD in 1996, on Small Axe Records. My stupid mistakes, as usual.

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:42 PM

    you're review on tbtt is high powered and apt-right on the mark.

    amazing that 'the roofs abpout to cave in' was recorded in 25 minutes on the chuck norris experiement!

    love the 'inside' information TJ Honeysuckle ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:49 PM

    is the box of fish album a double or single...it seemed to have alot of trax on it for a single.

    might have to check it out...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Box of Fish CD is only a single, but it comes with a huge fold out insert giving a very detailed history of the band, in chronological order

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:13 PM

    Gotcha on the Box of Fish...thanks.

    I didn't get time to check out the Earaches the other night but I have now...that Times on Fire rips your guts out, lays them on the floor and pounds at them.

    Cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "that Times on Fire rips your guts out, lays them on the floor and pounds at them."- you should start your own blog, anon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous8:32 PM

    thanx but nah...prefer to blog on yours and stay anon. ;-)

    But if you'd like an associate?

    hehe

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous9:25 PM

    I just noted your comment...
    "All comments welcome but prefer signed ones"

    Okay...I am Anon, but you can call me Michelle. I will sign my comments from now on, just for you though TJ!

    You see I donot have a blog/google or web page so I have to post as Anon according to the myspace rules.

    I have an email address but myspace doesn't want that when posting here. You are more than welcome to my email address if you wish?

    Anyhow, I hope I am still allowed to post on your blog?

    Cheers, Michelle :-D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Like it says up top- all comments welcome.

    ReplyDelete