Thursday, February 01, 2007

Can't think what to call this one.

So much going on this weekend...

One of Melbourne's living rock & roll treasures, Mr. Fred Negro, is inviting everyone in town to his birthday party at the Pint on Punt in Windsor on Friday 2nd February. He'll be taking the stage with the Twits , and has promised special guests, fun and drunken depravity. Well, he didn't actually promise drunken depravity but it's a safe bet, trust me.

I like this graphic for the Devil's Kitchen Festival, which is on over the next two weekends at the CERES eco-park, hippy sanctuary or whatever it is.


At this stage it looks like I'll be taking my own advice - someone has to- and seeing Jon Langford on Saturday afternoon.

Hmmm, what else?
Oh yeah- that old charmer Quincy McLean reminds me that Blue Ruin have re-tooled their 1986 LP "Flame" for CD, and are re-launching it at the Corner Hotel with support from Kill Devil Hills and James McCann & the Dirty Skirts on Saturday night.

I'm sure there is something going on on Sunday too, but I plan to be somewhere quiet, with a hammock & a martini shaker. Somewhere like this:

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:19 AM

    So much on this weekend eh, it's hard to choose - the house party for Jon Langford sounds like fun - wish I could be there - hope you post a blog on how it went - I will be over at the 'hippy sanctuary'!! with all the other stoner ferals.

    ReplyDelete