Thursday, May 24, 2007

This weekend- Little Red etc.


Every so often someone comes along that I have to see for myself. Eddy Current Suppression Ring were one who lived up to the buzz, now it's Little Red. Their month long Wednesday night residency at the Tote has lead people whose opinions I trust to make some extraordinary statements,like this. So I'll be at the Espy on Friday, when they play the Gershwin Room for free, with Even and the Summer Cats. Their myspace songs sound OK, be interesting to see how they cut it live.

On Saturday afternoon I hope to head over to Steve Miller's new bar, the House of Refreshment, at the Abbotsford Convent.
Steve says "You won't find eggs, 'cooked to your liking', skinny lattes, wraps, low fat muffins or light beer. It's S for Salt, F for Fat, S for Sugar, C for Caffeine and A for Alcohol". That'll do.

And no movies this week.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:24 PM

    Little Red left me a Little Cold...music my Dad would love...'nuff said!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed them, something else much more important came up...the House of Refrsehment was good on Saturday afternoon, though.

    ReplyDelete