Monday, July 14, 2008

C30? What?

oh, you young 'uns...that's cassette talk.
As part of an internet based swap, I'm making a mix tape for a complete stranger. Now, I don't know who they are, or what they like, so I'll just be sending them what ever I feel like throwing in the mix. I'll post the track list here when it's done.
But anyway, thinking about tapes, and rummaging through my boxes of old tapes, led me to think about Bow Wow Wow.
They're not cool, but then they never really were. And I don't think they ever really produced anything that captured what they were capable of. But regardless, they did some great stuff. Like this:

It's hard to convery just how strange this sounded at the time, and maybe it's that quality that's helped it last so long. I always wanted the Spanish single version, "C30, C60, C90 Anda!", for some reason, but had to settle for the cassette. Obviously.

No comments:

Post a Comment