Thursday, April 09, 2009

Double dose of special.

Now, I don't do festivals. Actually, that should probably be "I don't do festivals well." I get bored. I get cranky. Crowds annoy me. I wanna go and sit down somewhere quiet after a few hours. But I'm making an effort this weekend, for Boogie 3.

Look at that line up- apparently ECSR and Tony Joe White are closing the first night. That was enough to sell me on going, actually.
Although considering it's limited to 500 people, and is within walking distance of the nearest town if I really really want to get away for a while, I think I'll stick at it.
If I do decide to bail, though, I'll head straight into town for this:
Gimme Shelter ends it’s residency at the Exford Hotel on Saturday 11th April. We’ll be taking a long overdue break, giving ourselves time to focus on other projects and priorities. Gimme Shelter might be back further down the line in some shape or form, but there is also the distinct possibility that this might just be it...
It'll be a shame to see it go. No word on what this means for the same crews' Primitive nights- I assume they're over, too. Still, bearing in mind what some of the "other projects" mentioned are, this may turn out to be a good thing overall.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:45 AM

    Both sound fucking excellent! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete