Monday, August 03, 2009

Double Dogs.

Well, I spoke too soon.
On Saturday afternoon I managed to pick up a ticket to "Dogs In Space", so duly headed along. It was excellent to see it on a big screen, and the restoration looks and sounds fantastic. The story is still as random as ever, and the music is still great- Marie Hoy's version of "Shivers" had me in a cold sweat.
By a stroke of luck (and kindness- thanks, Richard) I also ended up going back to see "We're Livin' On Dog Food" on Sunday as well. This is the trailer, which may give you some idea of what it's like:

It does a brilliant job of examining some of the people, places and influences of early Melbourne punk. Watching it while sitting next to Dolores San Miguel, who is one of the people featured (in both old footage and a recent interview), added a whole other layer to the experience. Yes, she gasped when she saw herself on screen.
Before and after both movies there was a bit of time to catch up with some old friends, a couple of whom I hadn't seen for decades. Literally, twenty years or more. And now I have Wirlywirld stuck in my head- but I can live with that.
You really should get onto this.

No comments:

Post a Comment