Thursday, March 04, 2010

Travel time.

Well, one way or another I was always going to be on the road this (long) weekend.
For the first time ever, I'm booked in for Golden Plains:

There's a long and involved story about two friends getting me drunk and suggesting this would be an ideal way to get over my general dislike of festivals. Whatever, the line up was enough to convince me.
Who’s playing. This year’s lineup is brought to you by the letters “spirited”, “pirate” and “classic”.
PAVEMENT, DINOSAUR JR, DIRTY PROJECTORS, THE BIG PINK, MIDNIGHT JUGGERNAUTS, TAME IMPALA, SUPER WILD HORSES, OPTIMO, CALEXICO, MONOTONIX, GASLAMP KILLER, NASHVILLE PUSSY, JEFFREY LEWIS & THE JUNKYARD, THE CRUEL SEA, CRAYON FIELDS, RANSOM, ANDEE FROST, ROYAL HEADACHE, WOODEN SHJIPS, ANTIBALAS, CLAIRY BABY BROWNE AND THE BANGIN’ RACKETTES, SPACE INVADAS, JACK LADDER, SCATTERMUSIC SOUND SYSTEM, OPULENT DJs

Not all of that is essential, and there's a bit of rain forecast, but, y'know, so what?
If I was around, though, I'd be heading to Yah Yah's on Saturday night, where Brian Hooper is previewing tracks of his forthcoming album, accompanied by Mick Harvey and JP Shilo.
Odd how it looks like there's a name missing from that sentence.

1 comment: