Friday, September 10, 2010

And with that...

I hit three biggies on my last full day here. First up was Graceland.
This was odd. Kinda nice house, but fuck, the people who were there almost scared me off, right from the start. If you want to have a great experience ruined by fuckwits- by which I mean "60-something year old women who cry and leave teddy bears on every tombstone"- this is the place for you. The Jungle Room is nice.
Then I went over to Goner.
I spent some fine time here with Eric, Zac and Joe, picking and choosing the contents of a reasonably large parcel which will hopefully arrive in the near future. Click on the pic to enlarge.
Then, finally:
Gus's Fried Chicken.
We got eight pieces, with coleslaw and beans, which were eaten overlooking the Mississippi while drinking a beer and talking blacksmithing. There was also a shrimp boil. Awesome.
Great town, great trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment