Monday, July 16, 2007

Some big ticket items.


Hmmm...this may be a bit of a stretch, I guess. Maybe it's just because I like this picture of Renee Geyer, maybe it's the songs they've used, but I'm hugely tempted to head down to the Malthouse Theatre to see Sleeping Beauty before it finishes on July 28th.
THIS IS NO LULLABY
Goth-punk meets classical elegance while gospel collides with glam as Alison Bell, Grant Smith, Ian Stenlake and soul diva, Renée Geyer deliver us into the power and the passion of the great song-writers of our time, including Nick Cave, Elvis Costello and David Bowie

In a similar vein, I have a real yen to go to this year's Countdown Spectacular

Really, I only want to see Ingatius Jones revisit some Jimmy and the Boys. Oh, and Supernaut, of course. And when am I ever going to get another chance to see Plastic Bertrand?

Luckily tax refund time is just around the corner...

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3:11 PM

    Don't do it!! I have fond memories of Countdown as a kid and I got a little excited when I saw this line-up too - Supernaut and Dave Mason - grouse - but trust me - it will end in tears - not from joy, but from wasting your hard earned readies...seeing the first Countdown Spectacular on telly was enough of a detterent for me...dancing to Plastic Bertrand now would not be the same as it was back in the old Blue Light Disco days! don't say I didn't warn you!..buy a ticket for the Gurus, Birdman & Stems Spectacular instead.
    ~CC~

    P.S. would be curious to see Ignatious Jones too, but without Joylene Hairmouth? Think I'd rather stay home and watch Hedwig & The Angry Inch again!

    ReplyDelete