Thursday, February 26, 2009

Hell Summer.

...in more ways than one. Following on from my recent trip to Sydney, this week my day job had me spending some time up in the bushfire-affected area north of town. You know, I had always thought "scorched earth" was just a phrase. I know better now.
But enough of that.
Sadly, an impending relocation by guitarist/vocalist Kirsty Stegwazi means Melbourne scene veterans Hand Hell are calling it a day this week, with a final show at the Old Bar on Friday.

They were great at last week's Applecore festival. Get down if you can.

Speaking of festivals, the Summertones roadshow hits town this weekend:

Mistletone is one of the best labels in town, with a wide roster of local and international acts. As well as being great value, (that's what, 28 acts for $35?) this should be pretty special. I understand they will be taking over the entire Espy for the day. Rumours of a shuttle bus fleet to help Fitzroy coolsie scum find their way south to St. Kilda proved to be untrue, however.

If for some unknown reason you don't fancy that, well, Rosie Westbrook and the Leisuremasters are playing around the corner at Pure Pop Records, at 3.00 and 4.00pm respectively.
I have no idea about Sunday, but I do have Monday off, so no doubt some sort of shenanigans will be had.

No comments:

Post a Comment