Friday, February 20, 2009

Interstate action.

First off, apologies to the people of North Sydney. I don't know quite how I broke that ticket machine at the train station, but I did, and you all had to wait while the guy reset it.
And to the hotel I'm in- I dropped that iron and it broke. It was a cheap iron. Buy some better ones.
Now, to business.
Friday night, Sydney:

The New Christs and Sin City are playing the lovely Excelsior, in downtown Surry Hills. Not sure who is in this lineup, but they are always worth a look. Always.
While down the road a bit, at the Lansdowne, there's a bunch of stuff going on:
Aah, the Lansdowne. The first time I ever heard Mudhoney was when I played "Touch Me, I'm Sick" on the juke box there.
Back in Melbourne, though, Saturday sees the 9th Applecore Festival held in a suburban backyard:
That's an amazing bill for $10.00. BYO, no glass, no dickheads.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:21 AM

    > no glass, no dickheads.

    I read that as "no class, no dickheads" which ruled me out on two counts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was fucking great, maybe a bit indie for you, though. Primitive Calculators were fantastic. As was sitting in someone's backyard drinking beer and talking shit with friends.

    ReplyDelete