Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Better late than never.

Being the sensitive and caring kind of guy I am, I was thinking about International Women's Day this weekend just past, when I realised that the Melbourne music scene are celebrating a week late.
Yes, ladies, the most handsome men in town are playing for your pleasure this weekend.
On Friday 13th, at Ding Dong, Rowland S. Howard plays with the Stabs and Nathan Hollywood*



Rowland's band for this show includes J.P. Shilo on bass and Mick Harvey on drums. This is definitely worth a look. $12 on the door.
Then, on Saturday at the Espy, there's an Aarght! Records showcase of sorts, featuring New Orleans duo Quintron & Miss Pussycat, Eddy Current Suppression Ring and UV Race. I do not know why there is no poster art for this event- here's a picture of Quintron instead:



* nb- Hollywood is actually quite handsome, so I'm told.

No comments:

Post a Comment