Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Do you know this man?


If not, you may soon.
That's Patrick "Paddy" Donovan, erstwhile music writer for the Age, and now the first CEO of Music Victoria.
I think he'll find it a tough change to make initially, despite the level of public support and interest live music in this town currently enjoys. Political bodies can be notoriously difficult to navigate, and this one has a widespread brief, too. But Paddy's got plenty of ideas, and plenty to say for himself, and he knows what he's on about, too, so I reckon he's way ahead of the public service pack already. Personally, I wish him all the best, and hope he does well.

1 comment:

  1. Hear, hear. I work for the nebulous packrats that comprise the public service, plus I have met Mr D and my money goes with the latter regarding evidence based arguments over the future of music in Victoria.
    I too wish him all the best.

    ReplyDelete