Thursday, November 18, 2010

Parity.

There's a nice buzzword for you.
Anyway- first things first. Congratulation to Claire Bowditch, Bruce Milne and Jon Perring for being elected to the Music Victoria board at this week's AGM. It was a tight run thing, apparently, and all I can really say is that they are three of the best people imaginable for the role.
Now, to the weekend.
If you are of a mind to head north to Mount Macedon and watch Leonard Cohen play in Michael Gudinski's backyard- with the aforementioned Ms. Bowditch, among others- why not make a day of it by dropping into the Kyneton Show earlier in the day?

I'll probably be in town myself, taking it easy, unlike my buddies in YIS, who have a lot going on:
I have got to get me over to that Thornbury Bowls Club sometime soon, I think.
In other news, Kirsty Stegwazi & Rene Schaefer are bringing their old outfit Handhell back for a one-off show as a two piece at the Old Bar on Friday night:
That's also a single launch gig for Iowa- and on red vinyl, no less.

No comments:

Post a Comment