Friday, December 01, 2006

Radio Birdman

Some of you are probably aware that I spent a fair bit of time earlier this year immersed in the return of Radio Birdman . I played "Zeno Beach" endlessly, reviewed a couple of their Melbourne shows, updated their Wikipedia page and lobbed a load of links and other bits and pieces into the I-94 Bar's Zeno Beach site. I did it because I wanted to, and enjoyed every minute of it.
So I was hugely surprised and pleased to get a parcel in the mail the other day, containing an enormous one sheet poster for the September 29th show at the Live Club, in Milan, and a beautiful limited edition print of this Stainboy work of art:
Not sure how it made the journey from San Francisco to my house, but it's gonna look mighty fine up on the wall.

11 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:05 PM

    That is a wonderful thank-you for all your dedication and hard work. I bet you were pretty moved when you opened the parcel.

    You are going to frame it, right TJ?

    Cheers, Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why TJ, I do believe that that is positively ASS-tastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was more than moved- to be honest I nearly wet my pants!
    It'll be framed in the next week or two.

    ASS-tastic indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh dear! are we gonna need to get you incontinence supplies for every time you gaze upon this blue beauty?

    tee hee!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous7:15 PM

    Actually the blue beauty looks a tad cheeky if not devilish...I don't think incontinence supplies will be enough under the circumstances ;-D

    Cheers, Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous10:00 PM

    oh my god, TJ. i want

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous6:58 AM

    I was at that record release party that the poster is for and they weren't printed yet, then I was at the show and by the time I got over to the merch booth they were sold out... so I'm jealous, although I could probably get one if I put out some effort....
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think he's got some for sale on his website, Crystal.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous10:00 PM

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Actually, it turns out that the true tale is simply that Radio Birdman's tour manager, John Needham, was grabbing spare posters/tour art all along the way. He gave a fistful to the Barman, and the Barman passed a couple of 'em along to me.
    Well, hell, I got them back onto the Nepean from that Moorooduc gig.

    ReplyDelete