Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Boot problems

Day by day I wear a pair of black R.M. Williams boots. But weekends usually see me in my Blundstones- unless it's a special occassion, in which case I'll often pull on my Roccos.
I got my first pair of Blunnies when I was about 15, while working in a foundry over the summer. They were ugly steel capped things, but light on the feet and served me well for years. I've managed to get through half a dozen pairs since then, with the current ones nearly ready to retire.
And while I don't want to get all political here, the news that Blundstone are moving production overseas really pisses me off. And what are they going to export from Tasmania now? Chocolate in wooden boxes? God knows their beer is crap...

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:25 PM

    Got two pairs each of Blundstones and RMs. But getting pissed off about manufacturing moving to Thailand is like getting pissed off about the sun going down - it's an inevitability. Same with most local manufacturing. It's free trade, the global economy (where was yr $100 DVD player made?) and this is just a taste of the shitshock that's gonna hit the 'Western Democracies' in the next 20 years.

    Earl O'Neill

    ReplyDelete