Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Music for January (part II)

What a great way to open my account for the year- Tiger by The Tail & Kim Volkman at the St. Kilda Bowling Club, last Friday night.
It was hot, it was crowded, it was great. I may have had several beers- I vaguely recall harrassing Richard Sharman to take my picture for a change.
Anyway- on to this weekend.
Almost exactly 20 years since Rob Younger & Jim Dickson pulled the New Christs back together, (March 1987 according to this:) the current line up line up hits town for a couple of shows- Thursday 11th at the Tote and Saturday 13th at the Espy- which is free, so you have no excuse to miss it. I may have to stand down the back, for some reason my ears have been ringing constantly for the last month or so.
February is already shaping up well, with SixFtHick playing Melbourne on the 16th, 17th & 18th. And yesterday I got a heads-up that X-rated US funk/soulster BlowFly is coming out for a national tour with Dr. El Suavo. I believe they are still looking for "exotic dancers" for some dates, feel free to drop the Doc a line if you're interested.

click that New Christs pic to enlarge & read

1 comment:

  1. PS- those marks on the lower part of the handbill are either blood, Coke or beer.
    On the back of it there is a note in Rob's handwriting saying "We're down the pub", so beer is a pretty safe bet.

    ReplyDelete